Princess Cruises has just announced something special for all you wine aficionados out there. Set sail this fall on two Pacific Coast Wine & Food Experience cruises: one on Discovery Princess leaving October 1, and the other on Sapphire Princess departing October 8, 2023.
These six- and seven-day journeys are set to feature collaborations with renowned family wineries. The lineup includes the esteemed Wagner Family of Wine, known for the Caymus Vineyards and their notable cabernet sauvignon. Additionally, cruise-goers will get a taste from Jackson Family Wines, a significant presence in coastal vineyards spanning California and Oregon.
Those hopping onboard can look forward to a range of curated wine and food experiences. From exploring the scenic Napa Valley wineries to immersive onboard events like winemaker dinners and guided wine tastings, there's a lot in store. And for those keen on deepening their wine knowledge, there will be sessions with expert wine hosts and sommeliers, as well as delightful food and wine pairings.
Slots are filling up, so if this sounds like your kind of voyage, it's a good time to check out the details and make plans. Cheers to cruising the West Coast in style!
The two upcoming Pacific Coast Wine & Food Experience-themed cruises include:
- Wagner Family of Wine onboard Discovery Princess, October 1-7, 2023, sailing from Vancouver to Los Angeles with stops in Victoria, B.C. and an overnight in San Francisco, highlighted by a special excursion to Caymus Suisun Winery in American Canyon with sailings starting as low as $319 per person. Additional activities include:
- Wine Discovery – The History of Caymus and Wagner Family Wines, with an introduction of wine terms, wine regions and tasting techniques.
- Caymus Winemaker Dinner – Learn the art of food and wine pairing from the Wagner Family Wine experts. Five carefully selected wines have been chosen to pair with different courses to enhance the flavors of the meal (cover charge applies).
- Nautical Wine Tasting – Thoughtfully paired culinary delights paired with Sea Sun Chardonnay, Sea Sun Pinot Noir, Red Schooner 'Voyage' Malbec and Red Schooner 'Transit' Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre blend (cover charge applies).
- Jackson Family of Wine onboard Sapphire Princess, October 8-15, 2023, from Vancouver to Los Angeles, with day-long stops at four popular coastal destinations, including Victoria, Astoria, San Francisco and San Diego. Guests will enjoy specially selected wine pairings that celebrate the cuisine of the region with sailings starting as low as $349 per person. Other themed activities include:
- Wine Discovery – The History of Jackson Family Wines, with an introduction of wine terms, wine regions and tasting techniques.
- Jackson Family Wines dinner – A five-course meal uniquely paired with five pinnacle wines from the winery paired to complement each course (cover charge applies).
- Winery Tours from San Francisco (excursions to be booked onboard).
- Chardonnay Comparative Tasting – Discover the subtle nuances, aromas, and flavor profiles that set apart the chardonnays from four regions including Kendall-Jackson 'Special Select,' Hartford, Brewer-Clifton and Diatom Unoaked (cover charge applies).
- Explore Oregon – Learn about the wine region and taste three local wines, including Gran Moraine Chardonnay, Siduri Pinot Noir and Gran Moraine Yamhill-Carlton Pinot Noir (cover charge applies).
- Food and Wine Pairing Event – Embark on a journey where the rich flavors of Oregon's world-renowned wines are perfectly paired with a selection of bites.
- Old World/New World Comparative Tasting – Celebrate the tradition and terroir-driven character of old-world wines in comparison to the bold flavors of the new world (cover charge applies)
- VIP Winemaker Dinner – Hosted by Kendell-Jackson's head winemaker Randy Ullom, and master sommelier Michael Jordan (cover charge applies, not included in package price).
Guests can purchase an experience package onboard for $229.
Earlier this year, Princess introduced a unique Caymus Vineyards Winemaker Dinner. For those not in the loop, Caymus Vineyards hails from the heart of Napa Valley and is led by the expertise of Chuck Wagner. This exclusive dinner event boasts a five-course menu meticulously crafted to pair seamlessly with the unique tasting notes of Wagner's wines. Though this experience is limited to 12 guests per seating, the cruise line plans to host it multiple times depending on the voyage length. If this piques your interest, be sure to inquire about it once you're onboard.
In another feather in their cap, Princess Cruises received commendation from Wine Spectator, securing 15 Awards of Excellence. These awards applaud the exceptional wine lists that perfectly complement the on-board menus, promising guests an unmatched culinary journey. Notably, the main dining rooms across their 15 cruise ships made the cut, which is quite the nod for their dedication to providing top-tier wine experiences.
So, as you plan your next cruising adventure, it's good to know that Princess Cruises is making strides in the wine department.
As always, for more information, please get in touch with your Travel Advisor. We always recommend Heather from FlowVoyages.com.